(img src: tez.google.com)
Google comes up with another news for after announcing its Pixel 2, launching of freshly brewed Payment App – Tez. You can use it to buy movie tickets, pay utility bills, restaurant bills, transportation, tv, spit bills, even send money to family or pay directly from your bank account and so many digital transactions.
The difference in the App is that it is not a normal wallet app but it is more like, you link it to your bank account and you can pay directly from your bank. Banks like State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Axis, ICICI bank and several other banks which support UPI are supported by Google Tez. It offers some flexibility in transaction up to ₹ 1,00,000 and 20 transactions per day.
Google has been putting so many efforts in the locality that it offers many local languages such as Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, etc. with very simple UI, users are asked their bank account along with the registered mobile number to link with their Tez Account. Tez users can see their friends using the app. Google has come up with new “Cash Mode” via which you can pay or receive money by identifying through “audio” of a person nearby to you.
Another great feature is “Business Messaging”, where customers and businesses can interact to provide more easy services, discounts, and deals. From security point of view, app uses a feature called “Tez Shield” to detect fraud, stopping hacking and identity verification through an additional security layer called “Google PIN”
- You will have to download the app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Choose your language, the app supports many local languages like Gujarati, Marathi, Hindi, Telugu, and others.
- Enter your Registered Phone number that is linked to your Bank Account.
- Select your Google account for Verification and Alerts.
- Now you will be asked for OTP confirmation, once you enter the OTP, you will be taken to bank account linking and you would be asked to select your bank and certain details to link your bank account to your Tez Account.
- Now you are all set to use the App.
There is a referral benefit also. You can refer the app to your friends and you can get a referral of ₹ 51 rewards for each share and this reward is limited to ₹ 9000 maximum.
As we know WhatsApp is also planning to support UPI payments later this year, we would see the giants making rivalry this year. India has become a center point for any tech giant nowadays.
With such a huge development going on in the country makes India more potential than any other country in the world. According to the study, in India, digital payments market is expected to reach $500 Billion annually, contributing 15% of GDP by 2020. We are waiting for the commission and charges on the transaction, and we will update as we get the news from the company.